Monday, August 27, 2007

Just4thehelluvit

Dana, at Think Pink, has come up with the perfect reading challenge. She said, "The just4thehelluvit challenge is for those of us who just can't seem to read something simply because we want to. Therefore, this challenge has just one rule: nothing you read for it can cross over to ANY other challenge. You are reading these books JUST4THEHELLUVIT!"

Just last week I uttered those famous last words: "No more challenges!" Therefore, just4thehelluvit, I agreed to do this. Another challenge. But of course! The list of books for this challenge comes AFTER you have read a book. That's the rule. Dana said, "Go on and read one for fun! Do it for me! Do it for the hell of it! But please, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, do not make a list. One afternoon when a book sounds good, just tickles your fancy for no good reason, go ahead and READ IT WITHOUT GUILT! And consider yourself officially a reading rebel!"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading just 4 the helluvit! It's the best kind of reading ever!

Stephanie said...

Yeah....I need another challenge like I need a hole in the head! I like the idea though!

Dewey said...

But! What about your states and world challenges? Will you still do those?

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Vanilla and Stephanie,
Take this challenge because it means EVERYTHING you read counts ... lol.

Dewey,
Yes!!!!! I meant no MORE challenges being added, which didn't last long anyway, did it? You can see here (http://takingthechallenge.blogspot.com/) that I have seven challenges going, though FOUR of the seven are indefinite!

Susan Tidwell said...

Hi Bonnie, so was Dana describing you when she said, "I met a bunch of other completely mentally crazed people like myself who must compulsively join challenges" ?

I checked out the McKay's used bookstore you recommended, wow, the parking lot was overflowing and folks were standing in line (just like you said).

Hope all is well with you, good luck in all your challenges!

Dewey said...

Hi Bonnie, just trying something out. I uploaded a photo to blogger, but I don't think it's working. So I have to just try leaving a comment on someone's blogger blog to find out! Here goes!

Dewey said...

Grrr, it hates me.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Susan,
No, I haven't met Dana (yet).

Dewey,
I hope you know you MUST come back and tell us what photo you were trying to upload here, right? Right!?!?!?!

Jennifer said...

lol Sounds like my kind of challenge. If anything, I actually need some structure to my reading.