Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oh, my!

Oh, my! Post one little article by Gloria Steinem and my blog goes from "G-rated" to "R-rated," just like that!

Online Dating

Here are the bad words: prick (7x), dead (3x), pain (2x), corpse (1x). I must have shocked all of you, too, because no one has commented on "Prick Flicks" or suggested a single film for the category. Hey, all it takes is blood and gore and violence and smash-'em-up-wrecks to become the opposite of a chick flick.

Do you want to see what color my rating was before it turned as red as a stop sign? Click HERE.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once had a post titled "Wet Dreams." It was actually a poem about waking up to rain, but I was worried about what it might attract. So far it's not gotten much attention.

I love your smart kitty in the header.

Stephanie said...

Ha, Ha, Ha!! I KNEW you weren't G Rated!!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I was until now ... lol. Okay, Stephanie, you know me in person so you KNOW me.

Margreet said...

Hilarious!!! BTW, I am going to mention a few of my alltime favourite chickflicks:

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Chocolat

Jane Eyre, BBC adaptation 2006

And let's be honest: we also want something good to look at: Johnny Depp, and a GORGEOUS mr. Rochester!!! :)

Dewey said...

I didn't comment on that other post because I had read the article in someone else's blog already, not because of the word choices!

Bookfool said...

Nope, it didn't shock me! I thought it was excellent but sometimes I don't feel up to commenting with these nasty migraines I get. I've always had kind of bee in my bonnet about "chick flicks" and "chick lit". For one thing, I think it's kind of cruel that a male can't comfortably go to certain movies or read books (they really need to work on some of those chick lit covers) because there's such a stigma attached to them. My youngest just loves to laugh, so he happily watches chick flicks with me. But, try to get him to go to the theater . . .

My opinion: a good story is worth watching or reading, regardless of who wrote it or from what perspective.